Winter Safety Tips for the Farm and Homestead
We know a farmer’s job is never done. There is no off season; in fact winter brings a new set of challenges that keep the agricultural community busy. Here at Redmond, we are so grateful for farming operations, big and small. As the old saying goes, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” So let’s look at some preventative steps you can take to help your operation enjoy a safe winter season.
- Click here for 5 steps on preparing your garden for winter
- Download our free guide and find helpful winter safety tips for farming and homestead operations of all sizes.
In our guide, you will find helpful tips on:
- Protecting the health and well being of all classes of livestock
- Tips for dressing for all weather conditions
Winter Health & First Aid
- Recognizing symptoms and treatment for frostbite, hypothermia, and trench rot
- How to prevent wintertime pathogen and ammonia buildup, and winter manure strategies
Water & Ice Safety
- Protecting humans, animals, and structures from the dangers of ice and snow
Electricity, Lighting & Vehicles
- Tips to keep your operation lit, safe, and functional during the dark winter months
Redmond is proud of our legacy of supporting healthy farming operations since the 1950s. We are here to help operations large and small improve animal/plant/soil health, boost profitability, and get you back to what you love about farming. Give Redmond a call today at and try our unique mineral and clay mixes to watch your farm thrive!
© 2021 Redmond Minerals Inc.